Due to the cancellation of festivals and large events in Vermont, we have decided to take our 13th annual festival virtual. On August 8, 2020, we will have live fly-tying lessons and appraisals, along with presentations and much more! Please keep checking this space, as more information will be provided in the coming weeks.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Kelsey McBride.
Can't make it on August 10th?
Consider supporting AMFF by purchasing raffle tickets for a chance to win a YETI cooler, an original George Van Hook painting, Costa sunglasses, a VestPak Parabolic Rod by Deerfield Fly Rods, Mud Dog saltwater flies, and much more. All proceeds to benefit AMFF. You do not need to be present to win.
Schedule of Events
Join us throughout the day for a wide array of activities, including presentations, competitions, and demonstrations. From beginner to seasoned angler, our experts will have something for everyone.
- 11:00 am–11:30 pm: Native Fish Coalition presentation: “Brook Trout: Biology, History, Lore, Fishing, and Conservation" by Bob Mallard.
- 11:30 am–12:15 pm: Casting Demo with Pete Kutzer by the pond
- 12:30 pm–1:15 pm: Fly Tying Competition in Fly Tiers Tent
- 1:00 pm: Billinghurst Reel Exhibit Curator Remarks with Jim Schottenham in the Museum Gallery
- 1:30 pm–2:00 pm: Story time with AMFF Ambassadors in Fly Tiers Tent
- 2:00 pm–3:00 pm: Casting Competition hosted by Orvis
- 3:00 pm: Raffle Drawing at Admissions Tent
Happening all day:
- Free tackle appraisals by Bob Selb at the Classic Fly Fisherman booth
- Casting instruction by the pond with Paul Sinicki
- Author Steve Woit will be on hand to sign copies of his book, Fly Fishing Treasures
- Plein Air Demonstrations with George Van Hook and Harley Bartlett will take place on the grounds.
- Learn more about artist and writer John Atherton and his wife Maxine, or purchase books by and about this iconic angling couple, at the Atherton booth.
Visit our tiers tent any time during the day to learn from some of the best.
- Scott Biron
- Greg Brown
- Mark Dysinger
- Rhey Plumley
- Ken Walrath
Browse goods from fly fishing vendors, authors, and local Vermont companies or chat with a representative from a non-profit organization.
- Carlson Rod Company
- Casting for Recovery
- Matt Grobert
- Home Rivers Initiative & Southwestern VT Chapter
- JH Becker Rodworks
- Jordan-Mills Rod Co.
- Miramichi Salmon Association
- Native Fish Coalition
- Northkill Tackle
- Project Healing Waters
- Reel Recovery
- Sunny Brook Nets
- Taf Schaefer Designs
- Trout Sniffer
- Steve Woit
- Vermont Fish & Wildlife
Test your skills against your fellow anglers! Sponsored by Orvis.
In addition to the AMFF burger and hot dog stand, these vendors will be on hand to satisfy all your cravings.
Enjoy the sounds of Chris and Neil Acoustic Duo as you stroll the festival grounds!
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Support from our sponsors has made the Fly Fishing Festival our most popular event.